Prepare. Engage. Apply.
SCC’s Leadership Development Program is an in-depth process that builds the skills, knowledge and confidence leaders need to succeed. In order to receive the most from this program leader should:
A comprehensive assessment of leadership skills is at the heart of the LDP experience.
- Give a detailed picture of leadership skills, behaviors and preferences, plus a deep look at top-priority competencies.
- Identify and clarify development needs.
- Establish a foundation for significant personal and professional growth.
Participants are immersed in their personal data, experiential activities and skill-building exercises. Led by highly qualified faculty, LDP is a safe — but challenging — environment for learning, practice, reflection and goal setting.
The Program includes:
- Experiential activities and hands-on exercises, including a mock business environment, for practice and deeper learning.
- A half-day, personal session with a certified SCC coach to clarify thinking and plan next steps.
- Peer learning groups to provide feedback, insight, suggestions and support.
When the LDP classroom experience ends, participants can apply and sustain their learning by using the following ongoing support:
- Two 45-minute phone coaching sessions with a certified SCC coach.
- REFLECTIONS,® an assessment to measure skills and behavior progress, completed three months after the program.
- Access to eLearning designed to reinforce lessons from the program, including courses, books, podcasts, articles and quick-reference checklists and tools.
- Optional, fee-based learning and support, such as extended coaching engagements, additional eLearning packages and custom initiatives to connect individual development to organizational needs.
Four key competencies are vital to all leaders, but play out in unique ways when leaders step into this role:
- Learning agility
At this level, leaders must also strengthen their ability to:
- Think and act systemically
- Be resilient
By applying the lessons of LDP, leaders will be able to:
- Communicate direction, achieve alignment and build commitment to bridge the gap between senior management and the front line.
- Gain critical perspectives, create buy-in and manage politics through collaboration.
- Solve complicated problems and take wise action amidst complex, rapidly changing conditions.
- Build resiliency and leverage multiple life roles to effectively manage stress and become more effective.