RECIPE: Low-Carb Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Yield: 8 servings, serving size 1/2 cup
3 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned, sliced
2 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup ground cornmeal
Juice and zest from 1 lemon
2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp fat free buttermilk
1. In a sauce pot combine the rhubarb, lemon, maple syrup, orange juice, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer
for 10 minutes to soften the rhubarb.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh strawberries.
3. Divide mixture evenly among 8 each 1-cup ramekins.
4. In a bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, cinnamon, ginger, oil and buttermilk (mixture should resembled wet sand).
5. Divide crumble mixture evenly over the 8 containers.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until the crust is set and the fruit mixture is bubbly. Let cool for 10 minutes